Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Z Home in Pronterface doesn't work
07-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Z Home in Pronterface doesn't work
Hey Ed,
For some reason my Z Home started just stepping up the print head up one notch at a time. Z + works correctly, but Z - doesn't work. Returns echo:Ignoring print commands. Press Pause if printing.
Same results with a file loaded or not. I have reset the printer from Pronterface, reset it from the button on the printer itself, powered down and up, etc. Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Z Home in Pronterface doesn't work
(07-16-2013 07:56 PM)firewud316 Wrote:  Hey Ed,
For some reason my Z Home started just stepping up the print head up one notch at a time. Z + works correctly, but Z - doesn't work. Returns echo:Ignoring print commands. Press Pause if printing.
Same results with a file loaded or not. I have reset the printer from Pronterface, reset it from the button on the printer itself, powered down and up, etc. Thanks for your help.

Check that the left and right Z drive nuts are seated properly in the carriages. One may have gotten turned from carrying the printer. You may need to turn one slightly to let the carriages drop down properly.

If one has gotten turned then the left-right Z will be off. Check that out before you try to print.

The message is saying there's a bad condition - but you're not seeing the initial message that tells you what the problem is. I'll try to get it to be more clear.
07-16-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Z Home in Pronterface doesn't work
Ok I think I got it thanks for the tip