Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Broken Lower Bracket
05-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Broken Lower Bracket
Sad Not sure if structurely problematic or not... This is the piece to the bottom left of the bed that I assume has the Stepper motor for Z axis attached to it. Noticed it last week but haven't had a chance to post anything about it.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 09:06 AM
RE: Broken Lower Bracket
(05-03-2013 08:31 PM)firewud316 Wrote:  Sad Not sure if structurely problematic or not... This is the piece to the bottom left of the bed that I assume has the Stepper motor for Z axis attached to it. Noticed it last week but haven't had a chance to post anything about it.

It shouldn't be that way, of course, but it's of no real consequence since that wire loom doesn't move around. A bit of crazy glue will fix the bracket. The wire loom can carefully be pushed back into the hole. We will take care of that fix the next time we get our hands on the printer.

Thanks for letting us know - I'll see if we can avoid that happening.
05-04-2013, 11:59 AM
RE: Broken Lower Bracket
(05-04-2013 09:06 AM)edkman Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 08:31 PM)firewud316 Wrote:  Sad Not sure if structurely problematic or not... This is the piece to the bottom left of the bed that I assume has the Stepper motor for Z axis attached to it. Noticed it last week but haven't had a chance to post anything about it.

It shouldn't be that way, of course, but it's of no real consequence since that wire loom doesn't move around. A bit of crazy glue will fix the bracket. The wire loom can carefully be pushed back into the hole. We will take care of that fix the next time we get our hands on the printer.

Thanks for letting us know - I'll see if we can avoid that happening.

I just removed the loom out of the hole to take the picture. I suppose this was done during transport before I received it.